Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dystopian Reading Challenge


I don't usually sign up for reading challenges, mostly because I read by what interests me at the moment, which changes based on my level of energy, and my mood. Also, because I find that my list of 'to-read' books just keeps growing longer and longer, as I find more amazing authors and compelling stories.

However, dystopic and post-apocalyptic literature is currently about 2/3 of what sits on my 'to-be' read shelf in the fiction of YA speculative.

And, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite genres. So for fun, I'm going along with it!

If you're interested in signing up as well, you have until June 1, 2012.

I'm declaring, for now, that I will read the medium level, of 8-14 books. Wish me luck (I've already done five this year, and will get to their reviews this month, I hope).

Rules:
This challenge lasts from January 1st, 2012 to December 31st, 2012
All books must be started on/after January 1st, 2012
Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
After the challenge has started, you can decide to choose a higher level,
but you can not choose to go down a level.
All books must be dystopian (duh) and either Young Adult or Middle Grade (I
can't think of any MG dystopian though).
Must post all your reviews to either your blog or goodreads. Sorry, non
blogging folks!
Must create a sign-up post that includes a link to this post, the level
you've signed up for, and the button above.
Must sign-up before June 1st, 2012.

Important Info:
After each month I will do a recap where you can link your reviews, I will
also declare what the prize will be for the current month and the winner of last
month's giveaway.
Each month there will be a giveaway for all those who reviewed a book, each
review = one entry. The giveaway item could range from a gift card, a book,
swag, and more.

The Levels:
Easy: Read 5-8 books.
Medium: Read 8-14 books.
Hard: 15-20 books.
So Hard it Would Have it's Own Apocalypse!: 21+

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, that looks like fun. I would want to sign up just to have an excuse to read that many fun books! Are The Giver and Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry MG? I wasn't sure if they're MG or YA...reading Gathering Blue again right now. :-) Thanks for linking up to MIMM @ Mormon Mommy Writers! So glad you're on board with us now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hat is off to you for committing to such a fun project. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...