I tell myself, "Hey, I'm on vacation." which really means I have a thousand excuses for why I am not working on my writing. Some of the excuses are legitimate. In the past year, I have done all of the following:
- Had a beautiful baby boy
- Endured some minor health difficulties related to this miraculous event
- Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Christmas with three small children (enough said, right?)
- Directed a high school musical play (what was I thinking?) - which was a phenomenal, though busy, experience!
- Helped my husband job search
- Helped my husband apply to school
- Accepted the fact that we were going back to student life
- Started the process of opening an accredited preschool dayhome
- Soccer, swimming lessons, YW camp and other summer sports and activities
- Moved my entire family 6 hours away! Ahhhh!
Even looking over this list again, I realize how crazy busy my past year seems. Whether the excuses are legitimate or not, the point is I was not making room, even in small increments, for something I consider equally important - writing.
It's time to turn the car around. It's time to get back to the writing. It's time to get organized.
I need it more than it needs me. Even if I only get 10 minutes in at the end of the day, writing is what allows me to keep my sanity.
Vacation's over - No more excuses!